Software Director provides useful features for users, application developers, and support sites:
- If you are a computer user, the Software Director client allows you to check for software, driver and BIOS updates, plus news and add-ons for installed software products, without disclosing any information about yourself or about the software installed on your computer. Software Director can also help you keep all software-related files and information accessible from a single place.
- If you are a software developer, you can include the redistributable Software Director components (DLL) with your installation package, and configure your software to automatically check for updates, or to allow the user to invoke a manual check.
- If you are a software or hardware developer, you can enable version checking from your web site via the Software Director ActiveX Control.
- If you are a hardware manufacturer you can take specific advantage of Software Director's software, driver and BIOS detection capabilities. Your customers can be guided to a one-click download of the most suitable and up-to-date files without leaving your site.
- If you are a software vendor, you can offer and sell upgrades and related products directly from the Software Director interface.
All three application scenarios share the same authoring tools and server-side data.
Software Director, originally named Software Manager, has been in use by Cloanto Corporation since 2001. It has been tested on hundreds of thousands of systems, ranging from Windows 95 to Windows 10.
The version distributed by Cloanto supports:
- Currency Server, by Cloanto
- Currency Clients, by Cloanto
- SkinCalc, by Cloanto
- MenuBox, by Cloanto
- AlphaShift/Accenti, by Cloanto
- Amiga Forever, by Cloanto
- Amiga Explorer, by Cloanto
- WinFellow, by WinFellow Team
- WinUAE, by WinUAE Team
- C64 Forever, by Cloanto
- DirectX, by Microsoft (as required by Amiga Forever, WinUAE and WinFellow; only displayed if update required)
- Add-Ons for Windows (as required by Amiga Forever and WinUAE; only displayed if update required)
This web site will be updated as soon as Software Director is released in a commercial version that can be redistributed by third parties.
The image below reflects the current version.
Software Director is a trademark of Cloanto Corporation, and Cloanto is a registered trademark of Cloanto Corporation.