Software Director provides useful features for users, application developers,
and support sites:
- If you are a computer user, the Software Director client allows you to check
for software, driver and BIOS updates, plus news and add-ons for installed software
products, without disclosing any information about yourself or about the software
installed on your computer. Software Director can also help you keep all software-related
files and information accessible from a single place.
- If you are a software developer, you can include the redistributable Software
Director components (DLL) with your installation package, and configure your
software to automatically check for updates, or to allow the user to invoke
a manual check.
- If you are a software or hardware developer, you can enable version checking
from your web site via the Software Director ActiveX Control.
- If you are a hardware manufacturer you can take specific advantage of Software
Director's software, driver and BIOS detection capabilities. Your customers
can be guided to a one-click download of the most suitable and up-to-date files
without leaving your site.
- If you are a software vendor, you can offer and sell upgrades and related
products directly from the Software Director interface.
All three application scenarios share the same authoring tools and server-side
Software Director aims for the highest standards of security and privacy,
using Authenticode integrity checks, TLS connections, and putting the user fully
in control of manual and scheduled updates.
Software Director, originally named Software Manager, has been in use by Cloanto
Corporation since 2001. It has been tested on hundreds of thousands of systems,
ranging from Windows 95 to Windows 10.
The version distributed by Cloanto supports:
- Currency Server,
by Currency System
- Currency Clients,
by Currency System
- SkinCalc, by Currency System
- MenuBox, by Cloanto
- AlphaShift/Accenti, by Cloanto IT
- Amiga Forever, by Cloanto IT
- Amiga Explorer, by Cloanto
- WinFellow, by WinFellow Team
- WinUAE, by WinUAE Team
- C64 Forever, by Cloanto IT
- DirectX, by Microsoft
(as required by Amiga Forever, WinUAE and WinFellow)
- Add-Ons for
Windows (as required by Amiga Forever, WinUAE and WinFellow)
This web site will be updated as soon as Software Director is released in a commercial
version that can be redistributed by third parties.
The image below reflects the current version.
Software Director is a trademark of Cloanto Corporation, and
Cloanto is a registered trademark of Cloanto Corporation.